The Warhorse Inn

Posted by ParkerViews.com On Friday, February 13, 2009

The Webmaster says: [Went there for breakfast]. As for the building, the interior is beautiful. Makes it feel homely and cozy with all of its rich wood structure. What I am impressed the most with is the building's history. It's one of the true landmarks of Main Street and Parker itself.

As for the food, the gravy for the biscuits was superb! It made the biscuits nicely soft and very tasty. I found the ham portion to be large, but lacking in flavor. That was taken care of by dipping the ham in the gravy cup. The eggs, nothing special. The fruit cup was tainted by the taste of grapefruit, not something I like.

As for the service, it was excellent. The server (Nick, who unfortunately will be gone until August 2009) was extremely polite and courteous. He was attentive without being intrusive. At the right time, he would frequent our table to keep my delicious coffee hot.

As for the atmosphere, very pleasant. Since it was early Thursday morning, I believe only one other table was occupied. Their conversation did not interfere with ours. The booth we sat at was comfortable on the seat and the table gave us plenty of real estate.

The worst part of The Warhorse Inn is the parking. I believe you are supposed to park in the same lot as the Tail Gate, but to walk from the lot to the Warhorse, you have to traverse over mud that was filled with trash. I did not see a clear path. Puts a negative on what would otherwise be an attractive building.

Overall, I would give The Warhorse Inn 4 out of 5 Parker Pops.

The Parker Pundit says: [Also was there for breakfast]. The building is historic and nicely done on the inside. I had the eggs benedict, which for the price ($10 and change) was (ah, the conumdrum ... should eggs benedict be a single item, hence a single verb use, or because there are two eggs, a plural verb use?) is not that great. The coffee was luke warm initial, but when a new pot was brewed, was hot (can't account for the initial luke warm since we arrived at 7:00 a.m. when War Horse opens for breakfast). Service was very good. The owner, Steve Strain (I believe that is correct) was there, but never came over to introduce himself or say hello (for the life of me I can't figure out why most restaurant owners, who should be outward going and gregarious, aren't - get with it owners, your patrons want to be more than just someone to whom food is served - they want to be a part of the business). The food overall was underwhelming, which may explain why the two times I've been there, there have only been a few other patrons. One of these days I'll try it for dinner. Last visit: 2-12-09

0 comments

Post a Comment